[uanog] Fwd: Help EFF save .ORG

Volodymyr Litovka doka at xlit.one
Fri Dec 27 12:30:12 EET 2019

Привіт,

а що взагалі відбувається, хто в курсі?

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Help EFF save .ORG
Date: 	Thu, 26 Dec 2019 12:29:40 -0800
From: 	Aaron Jue | Electronic Frontier Foundation <membership at eff.org>

This is a friendly message from the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
<https://supporters.eff.org/civicrm/mailing/view?reset=1&id=9948>

Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) <https://eff.org/r.eu0p>

*Hi Supporter of Digital Freedom,*

The .ORG domain registry—home to groups around the world working for the
public good, many of which hold governments and corporations
accountable—is on the verge of being sold off to a newly-formed private
equity firm in a $1.1 billion deal.

We at EFF, with hundreds of other major organizations and over 18,000
individuals, have spoken out to oppose the .ORG registry’s sale to the
firm. Yet this is far from over. Will you donate to EFF this year and
help us fight back? <https://eff.org/r.2mbw>

<https://eff.org/r.2mbw>

The announcement came right after the registry was granted the authority
to make major changes to how .ORG is run without consulting the .ORG
community. With the new rules in place, the registry’s sale means danger
for the millions of individuals and organizations using a .ORG website,
subjecting them to real threats of censorship and increased fees. But we
won’t let this happen quietly.

As a member of EFF, you have funded expert technical evaluation, legal
analysis, and vocal advocacy to ensure threats to Internet rights don’t
go unanswered. *And right now, any donation made by December 31 will
help EFF receive special grants in our Year End Challenge
<https://eff.org/r.2mbw>—every supporter matters.*

You can amplify our collective power and send the message that the
nonprofit and NGO community is not for sale. Will you lend your support
to EFF today? <https://eff.org/r.2mbw>

For digital freedom,

Aaron Jue
EFF Development Director

P.S. EFF is a U.S. 501(c)(3) nonprofit and donations are tax-deductible
as allowed by law. You can even help us every month or year
<https://supporters.eff.org/donate/YEC19R> with an automated donation.

EFF appreciates your support and respects your *privacy*
<http://www.eff.org/policy>.
*Unsubscribe or change your email preferences*
<https://supporters.eff.org/update-your-preferences?cid1=3132265&cs=4849e823d6b1ed8822d1db0988322fe5_1577392180_672>,
or *opt out of all EFF email*
<https://supporters.eff.org/civicrm/mailing/optout?reset=1&jid=90398&qid=112593792&h=f244c7cacf4ea00f>

815 Eddy Street